Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Last Meta Post

I would like Mr. O'Connor and Mr. Bolos to grade my "The Push for Transparency" post.

It's crazy to see how much has changed and progressed from my first posts to my last posts. At the beginning of the year, I was just getting used to the whole blogging thing, and now I feel like almost a professional.

I've noticed that this last quarter I've talked more about issues we've discussed in class, like lists, places, and cycles. Before, I would usually take an idea we discussed in class and find something in the news to relate it to, but this quarter I took ideas we talked about and expanded them further.

I also really enjoyed writing about posts related to my Junior Theme topic. I liked being able to connect something like the "Wait, Tupac's Alive?!" post that discussed hackers who posted a fake "Tupac's still Alive" article to the PBS website to WikiLeaks, which I wrote about a lot in my junior theme.

I think I have also learned how to make my posts more concise and get to my point quicker. At the beginning of the year, I had extremely long posts and I feel that by the end they have shortened appropriately. It was something I worked really hard on, and I had to figure out which information was surplus and took the reader away from what I was trying to say. I also, think I've improved in my empathy for the reader. I almost always give links and try to highlight the quotes in my posts in different colors to make it easier for the reader to see what words are mine and what words are somebody else's.

Overall, I loved the blogging experience. It's awesome to be able to write down how I view a certain situation or what I think about something. I also think it's great that we as classmates can comment on each other's blogs and get in healthy debates about different topics.

2 comments: